Join Deep Green Resistance
Deep Green Resistance is open to all people who agree with our analysis and strategy, and who are willing to organize and struggle for our objectives.
We are also developing relationships with progressive and revolutionary supporters and allies. If you wish to volunteer in some capacity, (assisting with translations, creating content, supporting propaganda efforts, outreach, events and actions, or doing research) or become an ally, contact us.
We refer to our new recruits as “Guardians.” Guardians are the organizing base of Deep Green Resistance. Guardians gain access to private community channels, trainings, and events, organize more complex actions, and actively build the movement.
The most committed Guardians may be invited to become Cadre, the leadership circle of Deep Green Resistance, or to join other specialized formations. These individuals choose take on a rigorous, inspiring, and life-long process of education, training, organization building, and political struggle.
Are you ready?
To begin, provide your name and email address below and then complete the email application that we send to you:
Other Ways to Take Action
Organize & Build Alliances
- Organize meet-ups to discuss deep green ideas, plan actions, and build a supportive community.
- Offer services and solidarity to activist groups and communities in struggle, without trying to co-opt them.
- Organize fundraising events.
- Meet, talk with, and begin to work with feminist, anti-racist, immigrant rights, indigenous, farm workers rights, labor, environmental activists and others.
- If applicable, organize solely with women, people of color, or other groups around the issues you face.
- Build alliances with radical activist groups.
- Build community self-sufficiency and mutual aid in your area.
- Mobilize people to undertake civil disobedience or related tactics for current struggles in your area.
Take Direct Action
- Attend local events and actions.
- Get involved in regional campaigns.
- Make a landbase action plan for your region that documents the major ecological threats and how to combat them, and implement it.
- Participate in direct action against planned and existing infrastructure through protests, mobilizing public opinion, frightening investors, legal intervention, and/or non-violent civil disobedience.
- Carry out pranks, stunts and creative actions such as those of The Yes Men, Reverend Billy, Tim deChristopher, and Jonathan Moylan.
- Be relentless.
Material support is the lifeblood of a healthy resistance movement.
- Consider donating a percentage of your monthly income.
- Use your skills to provide material support to those on the front lines: grow food, make clothing, provide housing, etc.
- Offer material supplies for camping/climbing, electronics, or other goods that could be useful for resistance.
- Read books & articles and view films from our resource list.
- Watch our videos at Deep Green Resistance YouTube.
- Read news articles from Deep Green Resistance News Service, the Deep Green Resistance subreddit, and other alternative sources.
- Get to know your landbase and the other creatures who live on it.
- Learn how the industrial system works in your region. Where does your water, electricity, fuel and food come from? Where does the waste go? Where does the money go?
- Learn about historical resistance movements
- Link from your blog, website, or social media to our websites.
- Share content from our social media pages such as DGR Facebook and DGR Twitter.
- Request that libraries and bookstores in your region carry Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet and other radical titles.
- Share radical movies, literature, and interviews, such as our Decisive Ecological Warfare pamphlet or the movie END:CIV – Resist or Die (bittorrent magnet links).
- Take DGR fliers and literature to local activist gathering spaces, protests, and events. (Read tips for distributing fliers.)
- Recommend media from our resource list to friends and acquaintances.
- Hold discussions around film screenings and book readings.
- Host a DGR speaking event.
- Host workshops and teach-ins, inviting experienced people to present.
- Campaign your school to include environmental, feminist, anti-racist and indigenous studies in the curriculum.
- Invite guest speakers to speak to your class on these topics.
- Talk to family, friends, and acquaintances about Deep Green Resistance and the issues we address. Voice support for underground action.
- Write articles on your blog or website speaking out in favor of DGR and underground action.
- Attend local events, question mainstream approaches to the problems of civilization, and advocate for strategic action.
- Present at public events and hearings in support of underground action.
- Post comments in support of underground action on news articles, blogs, and forums.
- Create music and art to build a culture of resistance.
- Write articles or letters to the editor in support of underground action and submit to newspapers, magazines and online publications.
- Write fictional stories about underground action.
Support Underground Action
- Run a Tor relay or bridge to support anonymous online browsing.
- Normalize privacy and encryption by using tools such as Signal or Session to encrypt communications, GPG with Thunderbird to encrypt email, and other options described at PRISM BREAK.
- Write letters and send care packages to prisoners, and organize letter writing parties.
- Contribute to legal defense campaigns for activists who are caught and facing charges.
50 Ways to Prepare for Revolution
From our friend Stephanie McMillan: 50 ways to prepare for revolution.